I love analyzing Warren Buffett Quotes! Warren Buffett is one of the most successful and intelligent investors alive. I am going to share with you some of the best Warren Buffett quotes which demonstrate some very powerful principles. After each Warren Buffett quote I share with you I am going to give my own personal analysis of the quote and explain why its so important to me. Lets get right to it…
The 5 best Warren Buffett Quotes
- I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute. – (Warren Buffett Quotes) Each of the countless success books I have studied stress this point. A burning desire for riches is the first step to acquiring riches. Almost everyone who becomes rich truly feels rich on the inside even before they are successful. They have an unwavering faith and not a single doubt in their mind that they will achieve financial abundance. This state of knowing is the mindset thats required to attract an abundance of riches.
- A public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought. – (Warren Buffett Quotes) The stock market is run by fear and greed. Most people don’t think for themselves, they follow the crowd. In this quote I believe Buffet is trying to show us that we need to think out our investment decisions and conduct our own due diligence rather than following the crowd. This may seem like common sense but the majority of people still follow the crowd.
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently. – (Warren Buffett Quotes) Building a solid reputation takes years but you can ruin it in an instant. This quote is invaluable and provides timeless wisdom. We build our reputation over the course of several years but one wrong decision can tarnish our reputation. We must keep our integrity and ethics at the forefront of our thoughts and strive to maintain a strong character based on timeless principles.
- I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years. – (Warren Buffett Quotes) All of our investments should be based on sound analysis and strategy, we should never gamble to “make a fourteen” in the markets. The main point I think Warren is trying to illustrate to us that we shouldn’t invest more money in the markets than we can afford to lose.
- Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken. – (Warren Buffett Quotes) This quote is one of my favorites it really resonates with me. A habit isn’t fully developed unless you never break it. The development of positive habits is essential to success! The book the 7 habits of highly effective people discusses habits in detail if you haven’t read it I recommend you do right away!
Each and every one of these Warren Buffett quotes demonstrates a powerful key to success. Warren Buffett is one of the most intelligent and successful investors of all time. If this article interested you, which I trust it did, I recommend reading the book “The Intelligent Investor” by Benjamin Graham which Warren buffet quotes saying is “by far the best book on investing ever written”. Also check out my article on quotes about living life to the fullest if you enjoyed my warren buffett quotes.
I will be discussing many topics which pertain to investing in the future, be sure to stay tuned! Come back and read these Warren Buffett Quotes frequently to keep the principles fresh in your memory!