I was reading some uplifting quotes earlier today and they inspired me to write an article about how to change your state instantly. I am going to share with you my favorite ways to change your state in an instant as well as some of the uplifting quotes I really enjoyed.
Our goal as human beings is to feel good. More specifically we are hard wired to seek pleasure and avoid pain. What we do in any moment is based on the state our mind and bodies are in. The most important thing we can do in our lives is learn to manage our own states of mind. Think of the cost of not managing the states!
What happens to us isn’t what determines how we feel. How you feel is purely based on how you direct your mind and body.
How to uplift your state INSTANTLY
1) Control your physical body
If you think of someone depressed you can feel how they move and their posture. In order to get depressed you have to work at it and use your body a certain way. This is why its so important to control how we use our physical body. To feel good we stand tall breathe deeply and smile were sending a totally different message to our brain and can’t feel depressed. Any change of your physical body makes an immediate change in how you feel. Make sure your in an appropriate state for what your trying to accomplish.
Specifics on how to change your body:
- Change the way you move. Emotion is created by motion. The way you move your body is the fastest way to change your state. You must learn to develop “power moves” which is finding a certain gesture no matter how bad you feel that you can make this movement and feel instantly strong. How would you walk if you felt totally successful and powerful? This is how you want to move all the time!
- Change your breathing – When we change how we breathe we can change our state in an instant! Think about the difference in how you feel when you take big deep breathes as opposed to shallow breathes!
- Learn to manipulate your face – Change your face in as many ways as you can. You have 80 muscles in your face. A Change in your facial muscles changes how you think and feel. A study of clinically depressed people were made to just smile 30 minutes a day and not one person while smiling was able to feel depressed!
2) Control your mental focus - The only experience that you have of life comes from your physical body, or your mind. Have you had a big headache? – Most people get an aspirin immediately. Have you had an experience where something else gets your attention and the headache goes away?
There are 2 things we can control with focus:
What we focus on – What were picturing, saying.
How were focusing – The dimension of the pictures, the brightness, the volume of our sounds.
Pretend your brain is a camera. How are you going to feel at the party? It depends what you focus on! The problem is the focus that you have doesn’t usually take in everything. Your conscious mind cant!
We become deletion creatures. We ignore or fail to pay attention to most of whats going on all the time. We walk around hallucinating that our experience of the world is real. The camera creates close up that makes things bigger than they are. If you want your life to be a party your happy with you have to change your focus. You can find something to make you happy or mad!
The quality of your life is the quality of your states day to day. Focus on what you want, what you have and what your grateful for! SUCCESS – is creating consistent pleasure in your life and causing yourself to grow. FAILURE – is being able to find pain no matter how good it is!
YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE, you decide what you focus on. Turn off the auto-pilot and take control!
I am now going to share with you the uplifting quotes which inspired me to write this article. I would suggest that you make a list of uplifting quotes for yourself to read every day. Personally I find that reading uplifting quotes regularly keeps me motivated and focused on my goals!
Here are the uplifting quotes that inspired me to write this article:
- You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take. - Wayne Gretzky (uplifting quotes)
- We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit – Aristotle (uplifting quotes)
- Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
- Lao Tzu (uplifting quotes)
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. – John Ruski
I appreciate your time in reading this article. I’m grateful to have the opportunity to impact your life in a positive way. If you have any questions about how to change your state or want to share some uplifting quotes with us please feel free to drop a comment below.
I hope you have enjoyed this article as well as the uplifting quotes stay tuned!
Until next time...
Related Posts via Categories
- Law Of Attraction Quotes To Explain The Mystery
- Quotes about living life to the fullest
- 7 habits of highly effective people summary
- Making the most of your Affirmations
- The Law of Attraction – How to manifest your dreams
- Join Us On The Road to Success!
- YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE #YOLO
- Self Confidence Quotes That Help Develop Confidence
- Self Confidence Exercises – Skyrocket Your Self Image!
- Positive Thinking Tips